HR ADMINISTRATOR (SBU EAST)
Closing Date: 05 February 2016
Job Title: HR Administrator (SBU East)
Department: Operations – HR
Reporting To Position: Manager
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
This key position in the HR Team will provide administrative support and assistance to the Divisional HR Managers in their particular areas of responsibility. The ideal candidate will be a professional, confidential and self-disciplined individual who will deliver a people orientated service to the business.
The successful candidate will report to the Divisional HR Manager based in the Bellville Office.
Requirements for the position are:
• A relevant qualification (Administrative or HR qualification or Administrative qualification studying towards an HR qualification) or similar
• Minimum of at least 1 year experience in an administrative role in a corporate a environment. Previous experience in an administrative role within a HR team will be strongly preferred.
• Excel skills and a working knowledge of the latest Microsoft packages (Word, Power Point & Outlook) and is an essential requirement.
• Experience in compiling reports and drawing statistics is recommended
• Strong Numeracy skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Sound report writing ability (in English as a business language)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Current knowledge of Labour Legislation and EE laws will be beneficial
• Preference will be given to candidates who also have a practical grasp of the retail industry.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Being responsible for all administrative functions including but not limited to:
– Compiling various reports
– Coordinating and organising meetings and appointments
– Maintenance of Files
– All other general office management functions
– Issuing of Operations field employment contracts
– Ensure administration is complete for all new employees
– Coordinating all input for payroll
– Prepare Induction packs for Operations Staff
– Courier of Contracts and Induction packs
– Complete on board induction administration (check list)
• Assist with scheduling meetings for new joiners’ Induction programmes
• Receive CV’s / applications from candidates with deadline as set out in advert and file CV’s in pending file.
• Arrange/Co-ordinate of Interviews and assessments
• Maintain a comprehensive record of all applications
• Compiling all correspondence, regret letters etc.
The successful applicant would need to:
• The successful candidate will need to be able to work in close partnership with the DHRM giving full support on all day-to-day dealings
• Promoting and upholding the company and team’s value at all times
• Be able to work independently and a strong “sense of urgency”
• Have a good decision-making, problem-solving ability, be able to remain flexible, function under pressure and maintain a positive attitude and perform in a variety of circumstances
• Be able to manage confidential information with utmost discretion
Please note: Should you not be contacted or liaised with two weeks after the closure of the advert, you have regretfully been unsuccessful.
Applicants will need to be prepared to undergo evaluations/assessments and interviews.
The People team strives to attract and identify high potential talent for the organisation. In so doing Ackermans will simultaneously benchmark this position externally with suitable candidates.
Please note: In terms of the Ackermans policy for appointments and promotions, preference will be given to internal applicants who meet the competencies and minimum requirements for the position. Preference will also be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team and contribute to employment equity within the Company provided that the competencies and minimum requirements for the position have been met.
Please Note: Employers and Recruiters may expire a job post at any time. This post expires on Friday February 5th, 2016 5:00pm.