HEALTH FACILITY PLANNER
Reference Number: Career Junction 22/4/2016, Argus 23/4/2016, Sunday Times 24/4/2016, PSVC 17/2016
Component: Department of Health
Institution: Directorate: Infrastructure Planning, (Head Office, Cape Town)
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualifications:
- Appropriate tertiary Health Science qualification registrable with applicable council.
- Appropriate work experience as a Healthcare professional ideally at a Public sector healthcare facility
- Extensive infrastructure related experience. (built environment)
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence (manual vehicles).
- Willingness to travel within the Western Cape, and occasionally, nationally.
- Good understanding of clinical and operational protocols relevant to the provision of health care infrastructure.
- Understanding of the public sector health service delivery platform, indicators and service plan and how this links with infrastructure.
- Understand how to interpret existing and develop new functional and technical norms and standards and government-wide planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation frameworks, processes and procedures.
- Experience in the preparation of reports, submissions and presentations.
- Sound interpersonal and good verbal and written communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- An understanding of the clinical activities and needs at all levels of the health service.
- Knowledge of architecture and engineering in relation to health facility design.
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Review existing and, where necessary, develop new clinical and operational narratives to inform the design of appropriate infrastructure.
- Review and develop healthcare facility functional and technical norms and standards.
- Review project business cases in consultation with districts and specialised services.
- Support end users in the preparation of Project Business Cases.
- Compile briefing documentation and specifications.
- Carry out Post Occupancy Evaluations (POE).
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Career Junction 22/4/2016, Argus 23/4/2016, Sunday Times 24/4/2016, PSVC 17/2016)
Salary: R 612 822 per annum(A portion of the package can be structured according to the individual’s personal needs).
Salary Level: Level 11
The Director: People Practices and Administration
Department of Health, PO Box 2060
Cape Town, 8000.
(Attention: Ms C Versfeld)
Closing Date: 13 May 2016
Enquiries: Mr D Rendall
Tel: (021) 483 6769
Source: Original Post