Assistant Human Resources Manager
Job ID: 125791
Job Title: Assistant Human Resources Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Province: Johannesburg Gauteng
Salary Type: Monthly
We are now in search for an Assistant Human Resources Manager for this 5 Star World Class Luxury Boutique Hotel in Johannesburg.
To foster an open and constructive employee relations climate which eliminates the need for third party intervention, through the following activities:
- Ensuring that communication and motivation programmes are administered effectively so that employees have direct access to management and quick resolution to their problems.
- Making regular tours of the Hotel to maintain contact with employees and assess levels of morale.
- Checking regularly on the safety, cleanliness, employee meals and all staff facilities to ensure that standards are maintained or improved upon, where necessary.
- Ensuring that Human Resources policies are administered fairly and equitably to avoid any allegations of inequality or favouritism.
- Advising management on compensation and benefits.
- Advising management on the administration of disciplinary and grievance procedures and other employee relations issues.
- To be knowledgeable of national and local personnel and industrial relations legislation and continually provide management and employees with necessary updates through a variety of communication techniques
- To handle counselling, grievance and disciplinary situations in line with company policy and SA legal requirements, maintaining appropriate documentation.
Personnel Planning and Recruitment
- To support Hotel operations productivity through regular assessment of staffing levels and work efficiency and make necessary changes.
- To recruit according to Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts standards and procedures.
- To help develop and administer succession planning and manpower inventory programmes to ensure a supply of qualified candidates when needed.
Compensation, Benefits and Administration
- To counsel operating management in their administration of the above.
- To continually monitor local, national and industry pay and benefits to ensure job market competitiveness and internal equity. Recommend changes as required.
- To maintain current organisational charts, personnel statistics and records, wage and salary comparisons data, training programmes, disciplinary action and other documentation in accordance with the Hotels and Resorts guidelines and local legislation and sound personnel management practice.
Training and Development
To systematically analyse the Hotels training needs, by department, by reference to guest comments and complaints, Mystery Shopper report analysis, ‘Before you go’ interview comments, employee appraisals, personal observation and discussion with the appropriate managers and employees.
- To formulate clear and quantifiable training objectives in response to an identified training and development need.
- To develop creative and innovative training programs that both satisfy the specified training objectives, and facilitate the transfer of new skills and techniques into the workplace.
- To produce handouts and visual aids that will consolidate upon and re-enforce the learning points of a training session.
- To conduct Training and Development programs, either singly or in conjunction with other sourced trainers.
- To act as a facilitator for external training organisations working within the Hotel, providing background information, support material and conducting the necessary administration.
- To market the Learning Resource Centre and Training Room and E Knowledge Suite to all employees and ensure its facilities are clearly explained.
- To maintain an up to date set of training products that will continually enhance learning at all levels.
- To complete projects as and when they arise. Examples would be the implementation of Standards Training Manuals, Managers Training Passports, E Knowledge, and other extraordinary training initiatives based on the property’s specific needs.
- To evaluate the training programs for reaction, learning, behavioural change and impact on business results, and provide regular information on this to the Planning Committee.
- To ensure that all Training and Development programs include adequate techniques for ensuring that the learning has taken place and the training objectives have been achieved in line with the Investor In People criteria.
- To monitor the success of training activity in the longer term, by assessing whether the desired change in behaviour has taken place, using guest comments and questionnaires, Mystery Shopper report analysis, course evaluations, personal observation and discussion with supervisors and individuals concerned.
- To monitor and ensure compliance with workplace training for new hirers through the management of the Standards Training Programme.
- To spot check training standards by random attendance of departmental training sessions, coaching trainers in appropriate methods and techniques.
- To maintain contact with new employees during their introductory period, providing a reference point in the event of difficulties, and monitoring their training from an employee perspective.
- To ensure that the hotel achieves and maintains a level 4 rating on the Training Compliance Levels as audited by the Vice President of Learning and Development.
- To maintain training data for all employees including: Which programs are to be attended by which employees (per department) Which programs each existing employee has completed both by subject area and individual employee.
- To comply with record keeping requirements in respect of statutory regulated training activity.
- To issue individual joining instructions to course participants detailing objectives, timings, pre-and post-course activity and any other information pertaining to the course in question.
- To improve employee appraisal standards within the Hotel by ensuring that appraisals are conducted at prescribed frequencies and through the provision of appraisal techniques training to supervisors and managers.
- To periodically review and co-ordinate the update of the content of all ‘Standard Training Manuals’ within the Hotel, in conjunction with the relevant Department Head, to ensure that they remain an accurate reflection of the job requirements of a particular position.
The successful candidate should have an enquiring mind, be methodical, pay attention to detail, be creative, show perseverance and patience, ability to work under pressure, ability to accept routine and mundane tasks, have high energy level, be flexible, have the ability to overcome obstacles and persist with the task at hand, be decisive and adaptable.
If you have the knowledge, skills and required experience, this sounds like a challenge you are ready for I would love to hear from you.
Please send me your CV with a recent face photograph, details of three contactable references and a letter motivating your application.
Please Note: Employers and Recruiters may expire a job post at any time. This post expires on Wednesday June 29th, 2016 10:04am.