DISTRICT MANAGER – LAND CARE REF NO. AGR 2015-263
CLOSE DATE: 2016/01/21
Tracking Number: AGR 2015-263
Job Title: District Manager – Land Care Ref No. AGR 2015-263
Salary level: 11
Reporting To: Mr F Steyn at (021) 808 5090
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Bredasdorp, Western Cape
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ a qualified District Manager to manage the staff in the Overberg with the aim to rehabilitate, improve and maintain the natural resources in the Western Cape by promoting efficient conservation practices to all land users through management of technical services and support in engineering research, design, operations, maintenance and implementation. This position is stationed in Bredasdorp.
• National Diploma in Civil Engineering or relevant qualification; • A minimum of 6 years’ post qualification technical (Engineering) experience; • A valid driver’s licence.
• Experience in the following: • Project Management; • Technical design and analysis; • Research and development; • Technical report writing.
Key Performance Areas:
• Operational Management of sub-programme Land Care for the district municipal area; • Conservation of the natural agricultural resources;
• Implementation of Land Care projects; • Area wide planning; • Mentoring of interns, learners and candidate engineering technicians.
• Sound knowledge of the following: o Project Management; o Technical design and analysis; o Practical application of computer-aided engineering applications; o Legal compliance; • Communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape; • Proven computer literacy (practical application of computer-aided engineering applications); • Financial Management and People Management skills; • Ability to work under adverse field conditions.
Remuneration: R 569 538 – R 670 890 per annum – Salary level 11 (all-inclusive salary package).
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Notes Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.