Legal Administrator (Cape Town)
Closing Date: Friday, 15 April 2016
Department: Pepkor Retail Properties
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To assist with the administration of the lease process and ensure compliance with lease documentation and approved transactions.
- Perusal, scrutiny and amendment of lease contracts.
- Compare received draft agreements with agreed standard formats.
- Negotiate with parties where items on lease contracts do not comply with standard documentation or transactions approved.
- Draft standard leases when required.
- Handle and distribute action letters for internal clients, advise of store openings and closures, enlargements, reductions, relocations and consolidations when required.
- Assist with general office administration
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12
- Degree or Diploma in contract or mercantile law would be advantageous
- At least 2 years’ experience with lease agreements
- Computer literacy: MS Office and Excel
- Bilingual (English and Afrikaans)
- Competencies required: Team player, able to work independently, good time management skills, interpersonal skills, planning and organizing, stress tolerance and be attentive to detail
If you meet the inherent requirements of the above position please submit your CV.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.