Office Manager: Office of the DDG IDC
Post No: PS 38
Post Title: Office Manager: Office of the DDG IDC
Remuneration: R 289 761 to R 341 313 per annum plus benefits (Salary Level 9)
Centre: Head Office
- An appropriate three year tertiary qualification (NQF level 6) degree or diploma and 3 years proven office management experience;
- Experience in an education environment;
- Valid drivers’ licence;
- Advanced knowledge of the South African Schools Act;
- Knowledge of all legislation related to the key performance areas as they affect districts;
- Proven excellence in management of district support and/or school management.
Key Performance Areas (Main Objectives):
- Render secretariat support to the DDG IDC in specific meetings/forums/committees of the Department and external forums where applicable e.g. secretary of highly confidential and sensitive meetings.
- Manage all administrative support functions, including documents of a very sensitive nature, in the Office of the DDG IDC, ensuring the proper flow of information and correspondence to and from the DDG.
- Execute research, analyse information and compile complex documents/submissions of strategic nature for the DDG, EXCO and members of Top Management including drafting of presentations to the HoD, as instructed by the DDG IDC. Draft replies / memoranda of strategic nature on behalf of the DDG IDC specifically with respect to stakeholders. Manage parliamentary questions and enquiries.
- Operational planning and work organisation of the BRANCH. Develop and maintain systems, procedures and protocols.
- Manage the resources, including the finances, of the Branch.
- Manage and co-ordinate and provides technical support to the DDG IDC i.r.o. HRM matters, including Performance Management (PAs) of the Chief Directors, Directors.
- Analysis of and the rendering of strategic advice i.r.o all Public Service, Provincial and Departmental prescripts, policies and circulars and ensure compliance thereof.
- Strategic co-ordination of functions in respect of integration of Office with stakeholders and the medium to long-term key strategic deliverables of the DDG IDC.
- Manage the provisioning of advice and the rendering of a secretariat service regarding suspensions and expulsions.
Enquiries: Ms. D Lewis
Tel: (021) 467 2908.