PERSONAL ASSISTANT, OFFICE OF THE CHIEF DIRECTOR: MANAGEMENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Tracking Number: HS 2016-216
Job Title: Personal Assistant, Office of the Chief Director: Management Support Services, Ref No. HS 2016-216
Department: Human Settlements
Salary level: 7
Closing Date: 27 June 2016
Reporting To: Mr A Botha at (021) 483 4754
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ an individual to render a secretarial / receptionist support service to the Office of Chief Director: Management Support Services. This position is based in Cape Town.
A relevant Secretarial Diploma (or equivalent) qualification; • A minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in rendering a support service to senior management.
- Good working knowledge with experience in/of the following:
- Relevant legislation/policies/prescripts and procedures;
- Office Administration and Database Management;
- Financial Administration;
- General support systems such as BAS, CMATS, etc;
- Information and Records Management/Administration.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provides a secretarial/receptionist support service to the Chief Director;
- Renders administrative support services;
- Provides support to Chief Director regarding meetings;
- Supports the Chief Director with the administration of the Chief DIrector’s budget;
- Studies the relevant Public Service and departmental prescripts/policies and other documents and ensure that the application thereof is understood properly.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and report writing skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape;
- Good computer literacy skills in MS Office, Intranet and Internet;
- Sound organisational and planning skills;
- Good people skills;
- Good grooming and presentation skills:
- Ability to communicate well with people at different levels and from different backgrounds;
- Ability to act with tact and discretion;
- Ability to do research and analyse documents and situations;
- Ability to function under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work within specific timeframes;
- High level of reliability;
- Self-management and motivation;
- Innovative, pragmatic, creative, committed, assertive and diplomatic;
- Be accurate, responsible and a diligent worker; • Have a multi-disciplinary approach;
- Customer focus.
Remuneration: R 211 194 – R 248 781 per annum (Salary level 7).
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Notes: Note: This position is specifically aimed to employ persons with disabilities within the Western Cape Government. The attached disability disclosure form is to be completed. Documentary evidence, as stipulated in Part E of the form must be submitted with your online application.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted. If you do not get a reply for this specific post you applied for within 3 months after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes.
These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Attachments (please download and complete if applicable)
Disability Disclosure Form_13 February 2014.Docx (40.98 Kb)
Please Note: Employers and Recruiters may expire a job post at any time. This post expires on Monday June 27th, 2016 5:00pm.