PRINCIPAL PSYCHOLOGIST – GRADE 1, REF NO. DOTP 2016-231 > CLOSE DATE: 2016/04/25
Closing Date: 25 April 2016
Tracking Number: DOTP 2016-231
Job Title: Principal Psychologist – Grade 1, Ref No. DOTP 2016-231
Department: Department of the Premier
Salary level: OSD
Reporting To: Ms R Shade at (021) 466 9700
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
The Western Cape Government is looking for an experienced registered Industrial Psychologist to manage, oversee and render a competency assessment service. A person with strong preference for making decisions and giving direction based on expert advice to guide and provide direction as well as to apply expert advice will be ideal for this complex role. The position is based in Cape Town.
• A Master’s Degree in Industrial Psychology;
• Compulsory registration as Psychologist (Industrial) with the Health Professions Council of South Africa;
• A minimum of 3 years post – registration experience as Industrial Psychologist with the HPCSA;
• Valid code B driver’s licence.
Note: Proof of registration as Psychologist (Industrial) with the Health Professions Council of South Africa must be submitted with your online application.
• A minimum of 3 years relevant supervisory experience in managing a team in an Assessment Centre environment.
Key Performance Areas:
• Manage competency assessment services – Analyse and determine the needs and appropriateness of competency assessments;
• Integrate assessment exercises and test batteries appropriately for different assessment procedures and advise on the purchasing of new or updated test batteries;
• Supervise administration of test batteries for recruitment and development purposes and ensure that the test batteries and related materials are kept secure and remain confidential;
• Provide guidance and expert advice to Senior and Middle Managers and relevant stakeholders on Competency Assessment results, in particular to guide strategic decision-making at panels where necessary;
• Managing People – Provide guidance to employees and ensuring the operational efficiency of the Provincial Assessment Centre as well as determining training and development needs of the employees;
• Responsible for disciplining employees and monitoring their conduct and performance management of staff;
• Quality assure the accuracy and correctness of employees output.
• Financial Management – Manage the contracts with Service Providers, executing projections on expenditure and the procurement of services, stationary and training of component.
• Knowledge of Health Professions Act, 1974, HPCSA Code of Ethics for Professionals and HPCSA Policy guideline on Classification of psychometric measuring devices, instruments, methods and techniques;
• Professional judgement and reasoning ability;
• Leading and supervising;
• Adhering to principles and values;
• Applying expertise and technology;
• Deciding and initiating action;
• Project Management skills, analytical thinking, conflict management and negotiating.
Remuneration: R 856 911 – R 951 036 per annum (Grade 1) – OSD as prescribed.
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. If you do not get a reply within 3 months after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.