PROFESSIONAL NURSE GRADE 1 TO 2 (SPECIALTY AREA: THEATRE SCRUB PROFESSIONAL NURSE)
Core Title: Nursing and Support Personnel
Institution: Tygerberg Hospital, Parow Valley
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualifications:
- Basic R425 (i.e. diploma/degree in nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Professional Nurse.
- A post-basic qualification with a duration of at least 1 year accredited with the SANC in Medical and Surgical Nursing Science: Operating Theatre Nursing.
Registration with a professional council:
- Registration with the SANC as Professional Nurse.
- Grade1: A minimum of 4 years appropriate/recognisable experience in Nursing after registration as a Professional Nurse with SANC in General Nursing.
- Grade2: A minimum of 14 years appropriate/recognisable experience in nursing after registration as Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing.
- At least 10 years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/ recognisable experience in the specific specialilty after obtaining the 1 year post-basic qualification as mentioned above.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Will be required to work shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and policy related to this nursing specialty.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to function under pressure.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Responsible for the provision of optimal, holistic, specialised Nursing Care within set standards and within a professional, legal framework as a scrub Professional Nurse in a theatre setting.
- Effective utilisation of Human and Financial Resources to ensure optimal operational function in the area.
- Participate in training, development and research within the nursing department.
- Deliver a support service to the Nursing Service and the institution.
- Maintain ethical standards and promote professional growth and self development.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in (Sunday Times/Rapport/City Press: 24/4/2016).
Grade 1: R 317 271 per annum
Grade 2: R 37v0 216 per annum
Salary Level: OSD
The Chief Executive Officer
Private Bag X3
(For the attention of Ms V Meyer)
Closing Date: 13 May 2016
Enquiries: Mr T Mabuda
Tel: (021) 938-4055