PROJECT MANAGER-TRANVERSAL SOCIAL WELFARE PROJECTS, REF NO. DSD 2016-220
Closing Date: 25 April 2016
Tracking Number: DSD 2016-220
Job Title: Project Manager-Tranversal Social Welfare Projects, Ref No. DSD 2016-220
Department: Social Development
Salary level: 11
Reporting To: Mr C Jordan at (021) 483 2197
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Head-Office, Cape Town
The Western Cape Government is looking for a dynamic person who can plan, manage, implement and monitor tranversal projects that serve vulnerable groups. This position is based within the Component Social Welfare at Head Office in Cape Town.
• An appropriate recognised B-Degree / National Diploma as recognised by SAQA;
• Minimum of 3 years’ management experience.
Key Performance Areas:
• Manage transversal projects (excluding projects within the Departmental Programmes) that provide services to vulnerable persons across the Western Cape, including residential facilities, group homes, protective workshops, day care centres and specialised support services to persons from vulnerable groups, and their families and carers (e.g. people with Intellectual Disabilities);
• Plan, manage and monitor the funding for transversal projects;
• Develop and implement policy frameworks for the institutionalisation of projects on a Provincial/National/International level;
• Foster intersectoral colaboration to ensure the successful implemention of transversal projects;
• Standardisation of quality assurance of transversal projects;
• Manage resources (People and Financial Management);
• Extensive knowledge of applicable policies, legislation, guidelines, standards, procedures and best practices in the Social Welfare sector;
• Programme and Project Mangement Skills;
• Financial Management skills;
• Good communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape;
•People Management and Empowerment Skills.
Remuneration: R 612 822 – R 721 878 per annum, Salary level 11 (all-inclusive salary package).
Note on numeration: Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed. Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. If you do not get a reply within 3 months after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.