Security Official | GSMD – Security Operations
Job Title: Security Official
Location: Cape Town, ZA
Organization Name: GSMD – Security Operations: Cape Town Cash Centre
Department Description: Group Security Management Department
The main purpose of this position is to protect and safeguard the personnel, facilities, and assets of the South African Reserve Bank (SARB), Cape Town Cash Centre.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
- Conduct access and egress control in the areas of operation.
- Conduct guarding, patrolling, and escorting duties to safeguard the facility against illegal and/or unauthorized activity.
- Identify, respond to, and report all security and emergency threats, signals, and situations under all conditions.
- Monitor, maintain, and ensure the optimal utilization of all security systems, equipment, and signals.
- Perform evacuations and emergency drills during emergencies.
- Perform administrative duties such as report-writing and completing electronic occurrence books and pocketbooks.
- Proactively broaden knowledge of the functional areas, displaying a willingness to make improvements (including methods and practices).
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- a Grade 12 certificate or an NQF 4 qualification;
- a Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) Grade C qualification;
- a competency certificate in the handling of firearms (i.e. a 9 mm pistol, a semi-automatic rifle, and a shotgun);
- a minimum of two to five years of working experience in a secure environment;
- sound knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation, including, but not limited to, the National Key Points (NKP) Act 102 of 1980 and Regulations, the Firearms Control Act 60 of 2000, the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977, as well as all the policies, procedures and operating instructions of the SARB relating to the use of firearms;
- a level of medical, psychological, and physical fitness commensurate with the inherent requirements of the position;
- professionalism, discipline, and the physical fitness to work long hours;
- and the availability to work shifts (including weekends) and perform duties as required by operational circumstances.
Additional requirements include:
- following instructions and procedures;
- adapting and responding to change;
- writing and reporting;
- deciding and initiating action;
- adhering to principles and values;
- applying expertise and technology; and
- coping with pressures and setbacks.
The following would be an added advantage:
- completed NKP training;
- completed PSIRA training; and/or
- exposure to physical and tactical security training.