SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Vacancy ID: 10533
Location: Bryanston, Johannesburg
Closing Date: 09 June 2016
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff is one of the most diverse consulting firms in Africa. To further our strategic business expansion plan, we are seeking new employees who are loyal, committed, competent and proud to work for us.
We are committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
- Perform other engineering and project management functions as directed by management
- Review power system calculations including thermal cycle efficiency, heat balance diagrams, including submissions, in accordance with relevant codes of practice, standards, regulatory authorities and clients’ requirements
- Assist with business development and preparation of proposals to provide consulting services for power generation studies
- Identify and create opportunities,pursue and win assignments in the field of power generation consulting and advisory work
- Utilize WSP|PB’s international resources and external sub-consultants in perusing and executing
- Maintain and develop key skills and competencies in power generation engineering
- Be prepared to make the necessary travel, either overseas or within SA
- Be prepared to provide mechanical plant site supervisor and commissioning activities during project execution phase
- Carry out site surveys and plant assessments
- Promote the interests of the company through representation on professional groups, contributions at meetings and the publication of material where opportunities arise
- Ideally not less than seven years experience in power generation, industrial or mining environment with preferably a minimum of five years experience in a consulting environment
- Experience in conducting power plant pre-feasibility, feasibility and other technical studies
- Understanding and ability to apply thermodynamics and heat transfer principles
- Analytical and problem solving aptitude
- Knowledge of risk analysis principles and methodologies
- Working knowledge of industry standards/codes
- Computer proficient MS Word, Excel, Power Point
- Computer literacy and proficiency in using specialized software e.g. Thermoflow, Thermoflex, AutoCad
- Reports and proposals preparation and writing
- A demonstrated track record of coordinating inputs in complex development or consulting assignments, ensuring things happen on time and correctly
If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. We reserve the right not to fill the position.
Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Contact: WSP Group Africa