MANAGER: SOCIAL WORK POLICY: SERVICES TO FAMILIES
Closing Date: 25 April 2016
Tracking Number: DSD 2016-218
Job Title: Manager: Social Work Policy: Services to Families, Ref No. DSD 2016-218
Department: Social Development
Salary level: OSD
Reporting To: Ms N Nabela at (021) 483 4016
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ a qualified Manager: Social Work Policy to ensure that policies for rendering a social work service are developed, implemented and maintained. This position is based in Cape Town, Head Office, Services to Families unit.
• Formal tertiary qualification in Social Work (e.g. Bachelor of Social Work);
• Compulsory registration with SACSSP as a Social Worker;
• A minimum of 10 years appropriate/ recognisable experience in social work after registration as Social Worker with the SACSSP of which 5 years must be appropriate experience in social work policy development.
Note: Proof of first registration as Social Worker with the SACSSP must be submitted with your online application.
Key Performance Areas:
• Develop and facilitate the development of training in Policy Education relating to Services to Families within the ambit of the relevant legislative frameworks;
• Manage a Social Work Policy Component to ensure that the required legislation, policies and procedures are developed through the efficient and effective utilisation of human resources;
• Keep up to date with new developments in the social work and management fields relating to Services to Families;
• Plan and ensure that Social Work Policy Research and Development are undertaken in relation to Services to Families;
• Undertake complex social work research;
• Perform and ensure that all the administrative functions required in the Component are performed;
• Management of transfer funding to non-profitable organisations.
• Knowledge of the following:
o Current legislation, international instruments, policies and procedures impacting on Services to Families;
o Constituitional, legal and institutional arrangements governing the South African Public Sector;
o Public Service reporting procedures;
o Project and Financial Management ;
o Social Work legislation, values and principles;
o Policy Analysis and Development;
• Good communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape;
• Proven computer literacy;
• Professional Counselling and People Management skills;
• Monitoring and Evaluation skills.
Remuneration: R 664 332 – R 747 720 per annum (Grade 1) – OSD as prescribed.
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc. MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed. Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Notes: Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. If you do not get a reply within 3 months after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.