SOCIAL WORKER (MONITORING & EVALUATION) CHILD PROTECTION
TRACKING NUMBER: DSD 2016-250
JOB TITLE: Social Worker (Monitoring & Evaluation), Child Protection, Ref no. DSD 2016-250
DEPARTMENT: Social Development
SALARY LEVEL: OSD
REPORTING TO: Ms T Ngcongolo at (021) 483 5813
JOB TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Cape Town, Western Cape
CLOSING DATE: 27 June 2016
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ two qualified individuals to ensure that a Social Work Monitoring and Evaluation service is implemented in line with the pre-funding assessments done for organizations that will bring about change towards the rendering of services aimed at introducing problem solving human relationships and the empowerment and liberation of people to enhance social well-being.
• A formal tertiary qualification in Social Work (Bachelor of Social Work);
• Compulsory registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions as Social Worker.
Grade 1: None;
Grade 2: A minimum of 10 years appropriate experience in social work after registration as a Social Worker with the SACSSP;
Grade 3: A minimum of 20 years appropriate experience in social work after registration as a Social Worker with the SACSSP;
Grade 4: A minimum of 30 years appropriate experience in social work after registration as a Social Worker with the SACSSP.
Note: Proof of first registration as Social Worker with the SACSSP must be submitted with your online application.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Develop and review social work monitoring and evaluation service plans for the pre-funding assessment of organisations aimed at rendering Child Protection programmes;
• Management of relevant databases for the respective programmes;
• Develop and review monitoring tools to ensure adequate assessment of the effectiveness of child protection programmes;
• Manage the reporting and dissemination process of all reports for the child protection programme;
• Coordinate the submission of corrective development plans by organisations and monitor the compliance with regards to these plans.
• Knowledge of the following: o Relevant legislation, policies and prescripts; o Monitoring and Evaluation processes;
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in at least two of the languages of the Western Cape;
• Must be able to exchange information in a clear and concise manner with clients and supervisors including report writing;
• Self-management and motivation; • Good planning and organising skills.
Grade 1: R 211 263 – R 244 908 per annum;
Grade 2: R 259 818 – R 301 191 per annum;
Grade 3: R 318 102 – R 368 766 per annum;
Grade 4: R 391 224 – R 481 155 per annum;
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
NOTES: Note: Proof of first registration as Social Worker with the SACSSP must be submitted with your online application.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted. If you do not get a reply within 3 months after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes.
These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.