STATE ACCOUNTANT – BUDGET REVENUE AND EXPENDITURE, REF NO. TPW 2016-223
Tracking Number: TPW 2016-223
Job Title: State Accountant – Budget Revenue and Expenditure, Ref No. TPW 2016-223
Department: Transport and Public Works
Salary level: 8
Reporting To: Ms G Rinquest at (021) 483 3426
Job Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 27 June 2016
Location: Cape Town
The Department of Transport and Public Works, Western Cape Government is looking for an individual to render professional functions and duties in a service delivery environment. The successful candidate must be able to do budget planning and monitoring for a programme. The position is available immediately and the appointment is scheduled for 1 October 2016. This position is based in Cape Town.
• 3-year tertiary qualification (B-Degree or National Diploma) as recognised by SAQA with a minimum of 1 year relevant experience in the management accounting field/ financial accounting field.
• Experience in the following:
• Management Accounting field;
• Database Management and administration;
• Project Management.
Key Performance Areas:
• Budget planning and preparation for a Programme;
• Budget monitoring, analysing and reporting on expenditure for a Programme;
• Adjustments Estimate for the programme;
• Annual Financial Statements.
• Knowledge of the following:
• National, Provincial and Departmental policies, prescripts and practices regarding financial matters, especially the PFMA;
• Budget Management, compilation and reporting procedures;
• Ability to interpret applicable policies, legislation, guidelines, standards, procedures and best practices;
• Working knowledge and experience in the Basic Accounting System and Persal;
• Proven advanced computer skills, especially Excel;
• Policy formulation and ability to interpret and apply policy;
• Report writing and formulation skills;
• Problem solving and analytical skills;
• Communication skills (written and verbal) in at least two official languages of the Western Cape Province.
Remuneration: R 262 272 – R 308 943 per annum (Salary level 8)
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Notes Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Please regard your application as unsuccessful if you do not get a response within 3 months after the closing date.