ACCOUNTING CLERK – SALARY DEDUCTIONS, REF NO. AGR 2016-203
Tracking Number: AGR 2016-203
Job Title: Accounting Clerk – Salary Deductions, Ref no. AGR 2016-203
Salary level: 5
Closing Date: 27 June 2016
Reporting To: Ms R Valentyn at (021) 808 5036
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Elsenburg, Stellenbosch, Western Cape
The Department of Agriculture, Western Cape Government is looking for a dynamic person to provide administration support services. The person appointed must have excellent interpersonal skills as well as demonstrate strong attention to detail (accuracy). This role will require a person that works well under pressure and who complies with strict confidentiality requirements.
- Grade 12 (Senior Certificate) or equivalent qualification with Accounting/ Mathematics as a passed subject.
- Relevant work experience in a financial field and systems; • A valid driver’s licence.
Key Performance Areas:
- Compile and capture all relevant payments and journals on BAS;
- Capturing of all private telephone calls, kilometre claims and subsistence and travelling on Persal;
- Responsible for collecting, maintaining, sorting and posting of salary slips as well as schedules weekly and monthly;
- Reconciliation of bus, parking, salary reports and garnishee on a monthly basis;
- Implementation and monitoring of accounting policies and procedures.
- A good understanding of the following:
- Planning and organising;
- Application of relevant legislation and procedures;
- Record keeping procedures;
- Proven computer literacy skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Internet, Outlook and PERSAL;
- Communication (written and verbal) in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape;
- Ability to do problem solving (proficiency in figures) and work under pressure.
Remuneration: R 142 461 – R 167 814 per annum (Salary level 5).
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Notes: Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Please regard your application as unsuccessful if you do not get a response within 3 months after the closing date.
Please Note: Employers and Recruiters may expire a job post at any time. This post expires on Monday June 27th, 2016 5:00pm.