DEPUTY DIRECTOR – STRATEGIC PLANNING AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT, REF NO. CS 2016-207
Tracking Number: CS 2016-207
Job Title: Deputy Director – Strategic Planning and Knowledge Management, Ref No. CS 2016-207
Department: Community Safety
Salary level: 11
Closing Date: 27 June 2016
Reporting To: Ms L Govender at (021) 483 5649
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
The Department of Community Safety, Western Cape Government is looking for an individual to render management support functions and duties in a professional environment. The successful candidate must be willing to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines and must also be customer and service delivery orientated. The position is available immediately. This position is based in Cape Town.
- 3-year tertiary qualification (B-Degree or National Diploma) as recognised by SAQA with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant management experience.
- An appropriate Honours Degree.
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop, review and maintain strategic processes in line with the Medium Term Strategic Framework;
- Provide management support on financial, policy and strategic matters;
- Develop and maintain a Systematic Information and Knowledge Management System;
- Manage the financial, human and physical resources of the Office of the Chief Director;
- Conduct special and adhoc projects.
- Knowledge of the following: Provincial Administration,
- Legislation, policies, prescripts (PFMA, Treasury regulations, Treasury Instructions, Departmental delegations);
- Risk Management, Financial Management and Strategic processes;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) in at least two of the three official languages;
- Excellent computer literacy;
- Attention to detail;
- Organisational and Administrative skills.
Remuneration: R 612 822 – R 721 878 per annum (all-inclusive salary package)
Salary level: 11
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Notes: Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Please regard your application as unsuccessful if you do not get a response within 3 months after the closing date.