Bursaries: Undergraduate and Honours
Through research conducted within the sector, FoodBev SETA annually determines the skills needs of the sector and implements initiatives to address these needs.As a part of its skills development initiatives, FoodBev SETA awards bursaries annually for studies aligned to critical and scarce skills identified in the food and beverages manufacturing sector. These critical and scarce skills are identified through annual reports submitted by employers, as required by the Skills Development Act.
Bursary awards are categorised according to sector requirements, with due consideration of the National Skills Development Strategy III compiled by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
FoodBev SETA invites bursary application from students who are accepted to enroll or register at Higher Education Institutions(Universities and Universities of Technology for the 2016 academic year, in the following fields:
UNDERGRADUATE BURSARIES (BF2016U) – First Year Undergraduate or Honours Students Only
The following areas have been identified as scarce skills in the Food and Beverages Manufacturing sector:
Qualifying criteria: Undergraduate students
- You must be an unemployed full time First year student (letter of acceptance as a student for the year 2016 to be submitted)
- A strong academic record accompanied by a need for financial assistance
- Special consideration shall be given to female applicants as well as applicants living with disabilities and applicants coming from previously disadvantage backgrounds.
- Students should not have an existing bursary
- Students are required to download and complete the application form that must submitted together with all supporting documents as required on the application form.Late or Incomplete applications will not be considered)
- For enquiries, please contact Mxolisi or Maureen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 19 February of 2016 and can be forwarded as follows:
- Instructions for application DOWNLOAD
- Application form DOWNLOAD
Source: FoodBev SETA