Administration Clerk: Support
Reference Number: Paarl Post 7/4/2016
Component: Department of Health
Core Title: Administrative Line Function and Support Personnel
Institution: Sonstraal Hospital, West Coast TB Centre, (West Coast District)
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent).
- Appropriate administration experience.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Very good typing skills, reading and writing skills.
- Computer literacy, in (MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Admit, register, discharge patients, handle telephonic and patient enquiries.
- Ensure confidential and correct management of patient folders at reception areas and schedule, maintain appointments and arranges transport for patients.
- Effective and efficient communication (operate switchboard) and administration (i.e. typing of correspondence, recording of minutes of meetings, preparing documents and files for Audits).
- Perform administrative role as member of the Information Management team.
- Responsible for data management (collect, compile and collate data) and other information management duties (software and helpdesk issues).
- Assist the operational manager with the management of material resources, i.e. assets and order stock and render support to supervisor and staff.
- Deliver an effective support service to the Nursing Department and Facility Manager as well as to other departments on a relief basis.
Note: A practical/competency test may form part of the shortlisting and/or interview process. No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Paarl Post 7/4/2016)
Salary: R 132 399 per annum
Salary Level: Level 5
The District Director
West Coast Health District
Private Bag X15
(For the attention of Mr E Sass)
Closing Date: 29 April 2016
Enquiries: Ms J Du Plessis/Ms E Frechou
Tel: (021) 862 3176 / 0818