WOOLWORTHS SENIOR RISK OFFICER
Job Ref: Senior Risk Officer
Hours: Monday – Friday
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Application Deadline: 18 January 2016
Job Title: Senior Risk Officer
- SENIOR RISK OFFICER
- CHIEF RISK OFFICE
- WOOLWORTHS FINANCIAL SERVICES
- CAPE TOWN
To direct and manage the overall business risk framework in a manner consistent with the Risk Management framework and policies in order to prevent and minimise business risk exposure.
- Ensure at enterprise level that the frameworks, policies and standards are rolled out across the business and in line with the business ERMF and procedures and aligned to that of our key stakeholder.
- Maintain a risk management and support approach to the ERMF that is fit for purpose to the business as well as aligned with the overall direction and strategy internally and externally.
- Monitor effective implementation and execution of the ERMF, including reporting to stakeholders internally and externally on, but not limited to, risk assessments, risk indicators and loss events
- Support the effectiveness of risk assessment and reporting process across the business by providing specialist advice and support to the various business areas, including making recommendations for improvements on all matters pertaining to the ERMF
- Develop and maintain relations with external and internal stakeholders
- Ensure effective co-ordination and execution of risk activities within all areas of the business with the view of minimizing potential risk.
- Participates in planned activities that are appropriate for own and staff development
- Communicate progress risks, issues and dependencies on a monthly basis and any serious deviations of the plan to Head: Risk and Compliance
- Strategic perspective
- Results orientated
- Deciding and initiating action
- Persuading and influencing
- Planning and organising
- Problem solving
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Team Player
- Stakeholder management
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Leadership skills
- Adaptability to change, stress tolerance and resilience
- Customer centricity
- Good understanding of business processes and functions
- Strong risk and control knowledge
- Minimum 3 year relevant commercial degree
- Risk/Auditing/BCom degree or other relevant risk qualification would be preferred
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ relevant risk management experience in a Financial Services/banking/accounting/insurance environment
- Minimum 3 – 5 years management experience would be preferred
- Strong and proven ERFM experience
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
As a proud South African brand, Woolworths Financial Services is committed to transformation. Meeting our employment equity goals will be taken into account in our recruitment decisions.
If you are interested in the above position please forward your CV with the name of the position in the subject line.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks after the closing date of this vacancy, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 18 January 2016
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: