ADMINISTRATION CLERK: INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
Reference Number: Worcester Standard 5/5/2016
Component: Department of Health
Core Title: Administrative Line Function and Support Personnel
Institution: Worcester Hospital (Chief Directorate: General Specialist and Emergency Services)
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent).
- Appropriate experience in Health Information management and data analysing.
- Computer literacy (MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge on Health Information management systems.
- Training skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Communicate (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Receive, validate, sort and timeous capturing of raw data for submission and request of monthly reports from health information systems.
- Perform data quality checks and filing of data.
- Ability to interpret data, analyse data trends and compile and distribute reports to Hospital Management and Head Office on a regular basis.
- Provide training on Health Information systems in effective Health Information formulation as well as preparation of PowerPoint presentations and draw of pivot reports.
- Provide effective technical and systems support to end users.
Note: It will be expected from shortlisted candidates to do a practical test. No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Worcester Standard 5/5/2016)
Salary: R 142 461 per annum
Salary Level: Level 5
The Chief Executive Officer
Private Bag X3058
(For the attention of Ms H Swart)
Closing Date: 27 May 2016
Enquiries: Ms GE Barnardt
Tel: (023) 348 6458