Reference Number: Worcester Standard 19/5/2016
Component: Department of Health
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
Institution: Cape Winelands TB Centre, Brewelskloof Hospital, Worcester (Cape Winelands Health District)
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence.
- Perform relief driver duties where necessary.
- Willingness to handle and transport corpses.
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Removal of Human tissue.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Ensure safe handle and transport of patients, corpses, documents and specimens.
- Optimal management, maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
- Clean mortuary and provision of administrative support, access control function in the mortuary.
- Effective and efficient control of the Medical Gas.
- Transport patients, staff and goods between hospital and clinics.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned.
Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in (Worcester Standard 19/5/2016).
Salary: R 84 096 per annum
Salary Level: Level 2
The Medical Manager:
Medical Services, Brewelskloof Hospital
Private Bag X3044
(For the attention of Mr EW Booyse)
Closing Date: 10 June 2016
Enquiries: Ms S Govender
Tel: (023) 348-1343