PEP STORES: TECHNOLOGIST (HARD & SOFT PRODUCTS) CAPE TOWN
Closing Date: Friday, 4 March 2016
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Provide support the buying team to ensure the products fulfill the PEP requirements.
- Work with internal buyers and external suppliers to manage all aspects of quality assurance and technical development
- Liaise with offshore factories on all technical and quality issues
- Product Construction and Engineering
- Aesthetic assessment and Product measurements
- Drawing up and revision of product specifications (Coral Draw would be an advantage)
- Conducting of product approvals / liaison with suppliers
- Inspection of pre-production samples
- Develop technical diagrams and instructions
- Provide technical input into product development and monitor the process
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS COMPETENCIES
- Tertiary qualification
- Solid hard and soft product experience
- Experience in quality assurance processes
- Experience in a factory environment will be an advantage
- Retail experience (with proven head office knowledge) would be an advantage
- Ideally have experience of Far East travel and factory relationship building
- Colour assessment ability
- PC Literate: MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Competencies required: Problem Assessment; Decision making; Resourcefulness; Detail Orientation; Service Orientation; Building and maintaining relationships; Communication, Negotiation and Influencing, Confidence and Decisiveness, Stress Tolerance, Openness and Passion
If you are interested in applying for the above position and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV, with an internal application form (for internal applicants).
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
Please Note: Employers and Recruiters may expire a job post at any time. This post expires on Friday March 4th, 2016 5:00pm.